Saturday, July 02, 2005

Third time's the charm?

There are a few things in this world that I really hate to do, and one of them is having to redo something I have already done. For the past couple of months I have been working with an architect on different remodeling and construction jobs. He's a good guy and likes to do things the right way, the first time. The problem lays elsewhere - some of the other people he has hired out to do the plumbing, for example, don't always do things the right way. This translates into more work for me, distracting me from the other projects I would rather be doing at work. Here's the scenario: We demolished his girlfriend's bathroom and I got to rebuild it from scratch, walls and all. Once the plumbing was done, I put cement board in the shower area to get it ready for "Tommy the tile guy" (who did a poor job, too). For some reason, the plumbing is now defunct, so the wall was torn out. This morning, the plumber redid the shower and I redid the wall, only to find out that the shower mechanism is now busted. Once again the wall must be taken down,the shower mechanism replaced, and the wall rebuilt for the third time. It's a good thing I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home