Monday, August 01, 2005

A different kind of canal

The only kind of canals I like are in Venice, but later this week I get to take a ride down the root canal. Of course this would happen after I no longer have dental insurance (or health insurance for that matter). The irony is that last year when my dentist gave me a filling in the same tooth, he debated on giving me a root canal then. I asked him to do what it would take to fix it, but he was confident that the filling would be enough. My new dentist was a little upset when I told him I had the filling last year and said the root canal should have been a no brainer, but I don't think he's half as upset as me. After looking at the X-ray, he said, "you're probably experiencing a little bit of pain, right?" I think that rolling around in the bed all night, finally getting up at 5 because I was tired of laying in bed qualifies as "a little bit." To top it all off I almost OD'd on Anbisol this morning, not realizing that the recommended usage is up to four times a day (I was hitting it about every fifteen minutes - for four hours). So the dentist gave me a script for Vicotin and said I might get a little drowsy, especially since I haven't had much to eat - mostly liquid food. I haven't felt this weird in a long time - dizzy, tingly, and extremely sleepy.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home