Sunday, August 07, 2005

Dentists can be nice...

Growing up, I always liked my dentist. I understood that people didn't like to have their teeth drilled, scraped, and pulled - but my dentist was great. Then I moved. For the first few years in college, I always went back to see Dr. Owens when I was at home. Then I got married and things became a little more complicated - like dental insurance. In Tennessee, Suzy had a great job with unbelievable health and dental coverage for both of us, so we went back to the dentist. Needless to say, I needed some work. He did a decent job I thought, then I went to the dentist up here in NY. They told me he really didn't do so well, so I got to have a root canal. The endodontist I was sent to is quite possibly the most thoughtful doctor of any kind I have ever visited. Since I was in so much pain, he came in an hour early on Saturday just for the procedure. He also scheduled a check-up for me on Friday after he will have been at the hospital all day - just so I don't have to be there on Suzy's birthday. And the real kicker - he called last night to see how I was doing! He has completely worked around my schedule and helped out in so many ways (even a little discount). Who says dentists are scary?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home