Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Home at last

Well, after spending a couple of hours almost every day this past week looking for apartments, we found one tonight. I still have a hard time fathoming how much it costs up here for an apartment when we had a mortgage in Tennessee that was three or four times less than our rent up here. Granted, jobs do pay better up here, but the cost of living is a kicker. Tonight was such a relief to finally know where I will be sleeping in a month. It's never fun to have that kind of thing hanging over your head.
On top of all these moving expenses (security deposit, finder's fee for the real estate agent, truck rental, etc.) I have had so much to shell out for dental expenses. I never realized how good I had it with dental insurance. Health insurance is great, but I think dental might even be better at this point. Dental offices have no concept of "paying in installments." If it wasn't for family I might've had to take my pliers and just pull the nasty thing out myself just so I can go to the grocery store or buy gas so we can get to work. I just wanted to give credit where credit is due - thanks for the help. We'd be lost without you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home