Wednesday, December 28, 2005

TKO!

I am just about down for the count. This year seems to be one physical problem after another. First it was the slashed arm from the glass window, then it was the staph infection, and for the grand finale - the flu for Christmas. When I say it was the flu for Christmas, it began at 2am with vomiting followed shortly thereafter by more vomiting. When that finally slowed it was from the other end - every fifteen minutes (briefly interrupted with bouts of more vomiting). To accompany these frequent trips to the bathroom was my increasing temperature. When everyone else woke up, I finally got some sleep - all day long. I even missed the Christmas dinner. To top everything off, my staph infection is back with a vengeance. Right now it is affecting my knee, severely. It hurts to walk, even stand - so, tomorrow I get to set up an appointment through my doctor with someone from "infectious diseases." Sounds fun, eh?

Despite all of that, it was great to have everyone here for the holidays. It's been two years since Suzy's family has all been together for Christmas. Jerry and Becky were able to do some sightseeing with Andy and we all got to visit the Holiday Train show at the Bronx Botanical Gardens. Suzy has all the pictures, so go check them out. As for me...it's nap time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home