Sunday, January 08, 2006

Longest interview ever...

When The Apprentice first aired, at the time I could not believe that these people willingly submitted to a 16 week interviewing process. So far the process that I have gone through with World Vision is not much different. I first submitted an application and resume the first week in October. The position I applied for is the manager for The Storehouse, in the South Bronx. It is a community resource center that supplies the needs of children and families in the area. They provide school supplies for Title 1 schools, building materials for run-down apartments and churches, office supplies for churches, clothing and toys for kids, and soon they will also offer pharmaceuticals for children. Right now they are working with about 175 different churches and community organizations to distribute the supplies The Storehouse gets from retailers and other donations. The warehouse itself is about 35,000 sq ft and almost takes up the whole block. Needless to say, it's a big place and the job will take some getting used to...but I daresay it is much better than the job I've got now.
They finally contacted the first week in November and I had my first interview with The Storehouse director. On November 30, I met with three of the other directors of different progams in New York City. After getting the okay from them, I was sent up to the next level for an interview with the executive director of World Vision New York on December 15. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks, but I was assured that things were moving along. Finally, on Friday I had my last two interviews with members of the advisory board for The Storehouse. Assuming that all goes well, I should be getting a formal job offer this Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess that means I might not hear anything for another week at this rate! It's been twelve weeks since I applied, so I guess one more week won't make much of a difference. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home