Sunday, January 01, 2006

Woe is me!


I ran across this painting by Durer yesterday when I was looking at stuff about Job. I was feeling a little sorry for myself and found a little comfort knowing that Job had it a lot worse than I do. I sincerely cannot imagine having boils all over my body (not to mention everything else that happened to him). Don't worry, I'm not scraping my boils with a potsherd. Anyway, the painting shows Job completely exasperated and just down on his luck. I must admit I have been feeling a little of the same, but the point I want to make is that Job's wife is taking care of him. My own wife has been utterly wonderful. She has fixed my meals (what little I have been eating), given me my meds, and everything else I have needed. When life gets bad, a great wife is all you need!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home