Monday, January 23, 2006

Here we go!

Well, it's about 7:45 am, over here in Federal Way, WA. Today starts my "official" World Vision orientation. I get to spend the morning with the four other new World Vision New York (WVNY) employees with some financial training. This afternoon I will be with the national Storehouse team. My boss wanted me to get the same training he had, so effectively I will be instructed on how to start and run an entire Storehouse from the ground up.
Last night the flight took five and a half hours, not too bad for getting from the east coast to the west coast. That is definitely the longest flight I have ever had while staying in the same country. I think the worst part is the time change. I can't imagine doing this all of the time. It just seems like everything out here takes longer. Even the sun rises half an hour later here than it does in NY (with the time change). I'll let you know how the day goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home