Monday, January 16, 2006

Some things never change.

Well, I finally broke the news to my boss on Saturday that I found a new job. Normally, I would have given him at least a two weeks notice before my last day, but he didn't exactly deserve that much courtesy. On Friday, December 30, he told me that I couldn't work for the next two weeks because he had some "personal stuff" to take care of. As far as I'm concerned that was my notice. He took the news surprisingly well, he even congratulated me on finding a good job with benefits. I kind of bothered me that he didn't seem to mind... Despite all of this I still offered to work a few Saturdays to close up a few projects left unfinished and to sort out all of the tools (the extra cash wouldn't hurt either). Last night he called and asked if I could come in this morning and put in a day of work since I don't start until Wednesday, and I agreed.
Now at this point you might assume that he would have enough work lined up for me to stay busy at least half of the day...but you would be wrong. We immediately fell into our usual pattern: I finished all the work he wanted by 10:30, he was still asleep, I go get coffee, he's still in bed, I get bored and leave by 11:30. That's right folks - not even a half day of work! He couldn't even get out of bed to see my on my "last day." I think I should have left sooner!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now that's my little mexican!

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home