Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The anxiety is over!

I finally heard from LeAnn today, my human resource contact at World Vision. They finally offered me the position of manager at The Storehouse in the South Bronx. Their offer is a little sweeter than I had expected. Tuesday I go down to Manhattan to fill out all the paperwork and sign all the necessary forms to become a full-fledged member of the World Vision team. Next week I will spend a few days getting acquainted with the place and try to settle in a little bit before being shipped off on Jan. 23 for orientation and training at the headquarters in Federal Way, WA. I get to spend a week there being indoctrinated by them only to hit the road again the following Monday for a whirlwind trip of the other Storehouses throughout the country. Luis (my new boss) and I will fly down to Pittsburgh to visit their facility, drive down to West Virginia and tour that site, drive back to Pitt to catch a flight to Chicago to see the oldest Storehouse, then finally fly back to NYC and back to my loving wife (who will no doubt be missing me pretty bad by then). Things look good, despite all of the initial traveling, though it will be a little overwhelming to suddenly be responsible for such a large operation. One of the benefits are the benefits: great health insurance with dental and vision, the non-profit equivalent of a 401K, and vacation and sick time to top it off. I'm almost 30 now, so I guess it's about time I got a real job! If you have a high speed connection, check out this video (it explains it better than I can).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Hey Tim,
Thanks again for the visit and Congrats again on the new job. I'm really happy for you and hope it goes well, you deserve it.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home